Connecting Education with Industry
SA SCHOOLS: Major Building & Upgrade program
The Department of Education and Master Builders SA are here to support Contractors to establish an industry immersion program with schools. This will enable students to actively engage in a range of experiences to build knowledge in the world of work and awareness of employment needs in the building and construction industry.
The worksites will include a range of government schools across the Metropolitan and Regional South Australia that will receive major upgrades to their infrastructure. Some of the upgrades include new buildings, additional facilities as well as new schools being built both in the metro and regions.
The Contractor must develop and implement an ‘Industry Engagement Plan’ which shall:
- Encourage subcontractors where possible to engage school-enrolled students as apprentices;
- Provide a minimum of 3 hours p/month of immersion activities during the works until practical.
Try a Trade with Master Builders SA
No dates set for 2020 – please check back later.
In 2018 and 2019 Master Builders Australia successfully delivered and awarded a number of Pre-Vocational Programs that we call our Pre-Apprenticeship Program.
Due to our successes we will secure funding again to run a number of these programs this year.
About the program
The Pre-apprenticeship Program is a four-week fully funded program. The four weeks are broken into two main components:
- Two-week intensive practical training block: During this time participants will gain practical skills that will be used from day one on the work-site.
- Following the two-week training block, participants will undertake two-weeks work experience placement on a work-site with a prospective employer.
Once a Pre-Apprenticeship Program is set we will hold an Information Session followed by commencing the 4 week program.
Please check back later for when our next Pre-Apprenticeship Program and Information Session is being held.
- No previous experience required in the building and construction industry
- Drivers licence and own transport is required
- Must be prepared to undergo and pass a drug and alcohol, and pre-employment medical test
- All PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) supplied
Need more information?
Contact our apprenticeship team today to find out more about our Group Training Organisation.