Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Funding
CITB provides training fee subsidies for building and construction short courses to make training more affordable and accessible to South Australian’s working in the building and construction industry.
Construction workers can access up to $3,000 worth of training fee subsidies in any given 12-month period.
All Master Builders SA courses that are eligible for CITB subsidies have the prices shown on each course information page in our training. Click here for more information on our Training Calendar
To receive a CITB training fee subsidy you will need a valid CITB number.
*CITB prices shown for Master Builders SA Courses are subject to change without notice.
How the CITB rebate works
At the time of course enrolment, to claim the CITB eligible rate* for a course you must:
- Provide your valid CITB Number at the time of enrolment.
- Where a valid CITB Number is not provided, the full CITB ineligible rate will be charged.
- The CITB Number provided must belong to the individual participant – you cannot use another person’s or company’s CITB Number. (We encourage you to visit the CITB website –www.citb.org.au – to verify your details)
- Payment of the CITB eligible amount must be received prior to course commencement.
- Payment must be made by credit card or debit card at the time of enrolment.
- Assessments must be submitted within 2 weeks from the completion date of the CITB funded course. Failure to submit and pass the course may result in a gap invoice being sent to the student to recover the amount of the upfront CITB funding applied at the time of registration.
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Eligibility
If you are an eligible worker, you may qualify for a training subsidy to help with the cost of your training.
Go to www.citb.org.au and register for your CITB ID card for discounted access to more than 600 short courses.
From 01 October 2019, some CITB short course subsidies will change. This ensures that CITB can continue to fund the equivalent number of training places as in previous years. For further information relating to these changes please contact CITB on 8172 9500.
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) provides access to subsidised training for apprentices, their employers and workers in the building and construction industry.
If you are an eligible worker, you may qualify for a training subsidy to help with the cost of your training. If you dont currently hold a CITB Number please go to www.citb.org.au to apply for your CITB Number online.
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Subsidy
- As of January 2017, CITB eligible students will need to pay the full course fee at the time of enrolment, unless the course is delivered and assessed on the same day.
- Where enrolment has been made at the CITB Eligible rate, your valid CITB number must be provided to Master Builders SA at the time of enrolment.
- At the successful completion of a CITB eligible course, eligible CITB students will be refunded with the CITB subsidy.
- Students MUST complete a separate claim form for each individual unit undertaken.
- Master Builders SA cannot claim your refund (and therefore cannot reimburse you the funded amount) prior to the finish date set by Master Builders (which is 60 days after the course has completed, this timeframe is to allow for assessment submission, marking and processing)
- For those courses where the training is run over more than one day but where there are no assessments the finish date for the course will be set as the last day of the course
Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Number
If you do not have a CITB number please make an online application. Apply for a CITB number here.
Allow two business days for processing. The outcome of your application will be sent to you via the mobile number and/or email address you entered.
If you already have a CITB number but do not know what it is, please visit the Construction Industry Training Board Find my CITB Number here.
Need more information?
Contact our training team today to find out more about the courses on offer.