Cover walls to keep the structure or area waterproof
Wall and floor tilers lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
Average Annual Salary
A typical Wall and Floor Tiler day may involve
- Spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- Using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes
- Ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced
- Grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout
- Applying waterproofing systems
It helps to be good at
- Physical tasks
- Using tools
- Working at heights
- Cert III Roof Tiling
- Cert III Wall and Floor Tiling
You may be able to work in
*Average salary taken from ATO on 16/11/2022
Need more information?
Contact our apprenticeship team today to find out more about our Group Training Organisation and getting an apprenticeship with us.